Rob Edwards on Mateus Mane's Wolves future after Fulham strike | OneFootball

Rob Edwards on Mateus Mane's Wolves future after Fulham strike | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: OffsAIde

OffsAIde

·19. Mai 2026

Rob Edwards on Mateus Mane's Wolves future after Fulham strike

Artikelbild:Rob Edwards on Mateus Mane's Wolves future after Fulham strike

Mateus Mane scored his third Wolves goal in Sunday’s final home match against Fulham at Molineux, and Rob Edwards said the 18-year-old will be with the club.

“People will just pick up on the goals. He scored some important ones early on against West Ham and Everton and they are expecting him to continue to do that. It is really difficult, especially at this level. He will have ups and downs but he has learned a lot, he has a great attitude and his overall performance was good today, he worked tirelessly and he was committed. The exciting thing is he is not the finished article, he is not going to be at his age.” He told the BBC.


OneFootball Videos


“With us. He will be with us.”

Mane has burst onto the scene since Christmas, becoming a regular in the starting line-up. He scored twice earlier in the year and has been a rare bright spot in a dismal campaign, with Wolves heading back to the Championship after an eight-year stay in the Premier League.

Liverpool and Manchester United were linked this season. Last week there were claims Nottingham Forest are keen, and he made his senior debut last season under former Wolves boss and current Forest chief Vitor Pereira. The Portugal under-21 international signed an improved deal earlier this season, keeping him at Molineux until June 2029.

Impressum des Publishers ansehen