Roberto De Zerbi confirms Dominic Solanke injury latest in new Tottenham update | OneFootball

Roberto De Zerbi confirms Dominic Solanke injury latest in new Tottenham update | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Evening Standard

Evening Standard

·22. Mai 2026

Roberto De Zerbi confirms Dominic Solanke injury latest in new Tottenham update

Artikelbild:Roberto De Zerbi confirms Dominic Solanke injury latest in new Tottenham update

Striker has shaken off injury in time for a huge relegation decider

Roberto De Zerbi has confirmed that Dominic Solanke is in contention to start Tottenham’s relegation decider at home to Everton.


OneFootball Videos


Solanke has missed Spurs’ last three games with a hamstring injury sustained during last month’s victory away to Wolves.

The 28-year-old, who has been left out of Thomas Tuchel’s World Cup squad, has endured an injury-hit season.

He made his first appearance of the season in January after a prolonged period out with a recurring ankle injury, and while he briefly returned to the goals, his form and fitness has suffered under De Zerbi.

Last week De Zerbi had said that Solanke could potentially play some part against Everton after he was ruled out of Spurs’ 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.

“He feels something and I don't want to take the risk for this game. We hope for Sunday he can be available for one part of the game,” De Zerbi said.

Asked for an update on Solanke’s fitness ahead of Sunday’s crunch relegation showdown at home to Everton, De Zerbi said: "Solanke is available, we have to decide if he starts in the first XI.”

He added: “[James] Maddison is available. It's always tough to decide before the game how many minutes he can play.

“Of course he's a different player, a top player for us, but we have to analyse the physical condition with this Italian weather.

Artikelbild:Roberto De Zerbi confirms Dominic Solanke injury latest in new Tottenham update

Djed Spence

Getty Images

Also available is Djed Spence, who suffered a broken jaw against Chelsea in a collision with Liam Delap. The defender, who is going to the World Cup, will require a face mask for protection.

De Zerbi said: "He is available. It was another situation bad for us because i think it was a red card for Delap.

"He is a great guy, I love Djed. After the game I spoke with his mum outside of the stadium and I said he has a big heart and all of us we are happy he can go and play the World Cup."

Spurs are two points above the relegation zone heading into the final game of the season.

The north Londoners know that a win will mathematically secure survival, while a draw will effectively keep them up due to their superior goal difference over West Ham.

Impressum des Publishers ansehen