Club of Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis delivers transfer message | OneFootball

Club of Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis delivers transfer message | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Celtic Shorts

Celtic Shorts

·22 August 2026

Club of Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis delivers transfer message

Article image:Club of Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis delivers transfer message

Frosinone, the club of long term Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis have sent out a message stating that only a substantial bid will tempt them to sell their star player this summer…

Article image:Club of Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis delivers transfer message

Fares Ghedjemis of Algeria is seen in action during an international friendly match between Algeria and Guatemala at Stadio Luigi Ferraris on March 27, 2026 in Genoa, Italy. (Photo by Simone Arveda/Getty Images)

The Algerian winger helped the Italian side reach the Italian top flight for the first time in their history, and his performances in Serie B caught the attention of several clubs throughout Europe.


OneFootball Videos


Celtic were keen on the 23 year old back in January, but the Italians rebuffed the bid, but renewed their interest this summer, but weren’t the only interested club, with our Glasgow rivals the Rangers also credited with an interest in the player at one stage.

Now club president Maurizio Stripe, amid mounting Monaco interest, says club partners Clara Vista do not consider him a sellable asset. That means only a mammoth bid will be considered for their star.

Stripe stated in uncertain terms in a recent press conference that the player will only leave for a bid he and the club deem worthy.

“As I’ve always said, we don’t consider him for sale. If I had been left alone, it would have been an option worth considering. With the partnership with Clara Vista, a transfer is not envisaged.

“Then it’s clear that there is a market in which the player wants to, there are offers to be considered and there must be the possibility of replacing a player we consider very important.

“At the moment the offers are insufficient, despite the fact that every day someone increases by 50 thousand euros. They haven’t understood that if they don’t take a significant step, we’re still at the beginning, like in the game of snakes and ladders.

“The player looks at the clubs that are interested in him, there’s Monaco, Besiktas, there was Celtic and there were the Rangers. I understand the player’s mentality, they are all ambitious goals that can tempt him, but then there is also the will of the shareholder who says my intention is not to sell,” the club president said.

Article image:Club of Celtic target Fares Ghedjemis delivers transfer message

Fares Ghedjemis of Frosinone Calcio and Gregoire Defrel of US Sassuolo during the Serie A TIM match between US Sassuolo and Frosinone Calcio – Serie A TIM at Mapei Stadium – Citta’ del Tricolore on March 09, 2024 in Reggio nell’Emilia, Italy. (Photo by Francesco Scaccianoce/Getty Images)

“At the moment the conditions are not there but then we will have to reconcile everything because it’s not right to keep a disgruntled player, it’s unfair for him to give up that kind of money if he has the chance to earn it.

“At the moment, however, there’s no desire to sell him, no offers are worth considering, there’s a player who has expectations but isn’t quite finding his way.

“I’ve never discussed Ghedjemis’ sale with Clara Vista. We’ve discussed everything except this. If we’d found ourselves in the situation of selling the player, we’d set a price, but I don’t think it’s enough for what Clara Vista has in mind right now.

“We’ll need to find a club that’s strongly interested in the player and willing to make a significant financial investment. I’d say if 4, 5, or 6 clubs come forward, they’ll all make an offer, which means the player is valuable. It’s therefore incorrect to underestimate him.”

Stripe seems adamant he wants to keep hold of his star player, but cynics will suggest he’s becoming rather desperate to cash in on his star attraction at the maximum price possible as we get nearer to the transfer window closing and a last minute rush.

This delay with Monaco failing to get their man after moving into pole position could work out well for Celtic IF Champions League qualification is secured on Tuesday nigh in Linz. Then and only then can we expect Celtic to revisit the pursuit of Fares Ghedjemis who would be an outstanding addition to our squad going into the Champions League contests. 

Just an Ordinary Bhoy

NEW BOOK LAUNCH FROM CELTIC STAR BOOKS…Celtic in the Fifties in two volumes, available to pre-order now…

Celtic in the Fifties by Matt Corr, in two volumes, both published on 4th September 2026 by Celtic Star Books. Click on image to order.

Quick Tip – Add Celticshorts.com as your ‘Preferred Source’ on Google News for quick access to the Celtic content you value the most. It takes just a few seconds and you’ll notice the difference straight away! – Click HERE….Hail Hail!

Click to join Celtic Pools

View publisher imprint