OffsAIde
·23 May 2026
Hoffenheim boss hints at concerns over Nagelsmann’s communication after Baumann loses Germany starting role

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·23 May 2026

TSG Hoffenheim sporting managing director Andreas Schicker appeared to question Julian Nagelsmann’s communication after Oliver Baumann’s status changed with the national team.
According to BuLi News, Baumann had been Germany’s first-choice goalkeeper throughout the entire World Cup qualifying campaign. The squad was confirmed on Thursday.
Nagelsmann recalled Manuel Neuer at a late stage, which means Baumann will travel as second choice.
“In the end, it is of course up to the national team coach whom he nominates or selects,” said Schicker. “As for communication and style, everyone can form their own opinion.”
Nagelsmann said the decision was a “blow” for Baumann, but added the goalkeeper had accepted it and remained fully committed to the team.
Source: BuLi News
Live


Live





































