Muricy Ramalho on São Paulo plans, regrets Belmonte’s exit | OneFootball

Muricy Ramalho on São Paulo plans, regrets Belmonte’s exit | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: AVANTE MEU TRICOLOR

AVANTE MEU TRICOLOR

·30 November 2025

Muricy Ramalho on São Paulo plans, regrets Belmonte’s exit

Article image:Muricy Ramalho on São Paulo plans, regrets Belmonte’s exit

Birthday celebrant of the day, the technical coordinator Muricy Ramalho turned 70 this Sunday (30) and knows he will not have an easy life in this last year of his contract with São Paulo that is approaching.


OneFootball Videos


And the club idol Muricy Ramalho, who has also been heavily criticized by some of the São Paulo fans in their protests, explained what his role will be in the next season.

“My role has always been to be close to the coach, hold meetings with the staff, talk to players, and be present at all training sessions. That's it, I will continue my work, of course discreetly, but sometimes making decisions, always thinking about the club,” the professional said in statements to ge.com.

Muricy also regretted São Paulo's break with his former work colleague, Carlos Belmonte.

“I work for the club, I am very sorry for Belmonte's departure, we worked together for five years and he has my respect, but football goes on and we have to continue our mission, which is to always improve the team,” commented Mujica.

The coordinator was also questioned whether he will accompany the Tricolor squad in the last games remaining in the season, a situation that is also being criticized, a supposed 'abandonment' by the management towards its athletes.

Muricy Ramalho, for some time, has distanced himself from long trips and matches outside Morumbi, mainly for health reasons. But he said now that if time allows, he will accompany São Paulo.

“I will have a lot of work to do during this period, many meetings, but if possible, okay. We have to improve a lot. The work doesn't stop,” concluded Muricy.

WEEKEND OF PROTESTS!

The situation is not good at all. After a solitary protest by a tricolor fan at the Barra Funda training center the day after the humiliating 6-0 defeat to Fluminense, walls around Morumbi were painted on Saturday (29) with protests against the management, and this Sunday (30), around 40 fans gathered at the club's social area with banners and chants against president Julio Casares.

This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇧🇷 here.

View publisher imprint