OffsAIde
·20 February 2026
Oliver Glasner keeps Palace options open, says future for rest of season is uncertain

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·20 February 2026

Oliver Glasner left his short-term Crystal Palace future open, according to NY Times, declining to rule out an early exit.
Palace drew 1-1 at Zrinjski Mostar on Thursday in the first leg of their Conference League play-off. They have one win in their past 15 matches, sit 13th in the Premier League and are eight points above the relegation zone. Travelling supporters voiced anger, calling for him to go.
Speaking on Friday before the weekend meeting with bottom side Wolverhampton Wanderers, Glasner said the future was uncertain and would not commit to staying for the season. Asked if he still has the drive to manage the team, he replied that he thinks he does. He thanked fans for their backing and did not address the chants directly.
Glasner is contracted until the end of June. He confirmed last month that he will depart when that deal ends, a decision he said was relayed to chairman Steve Parish in October.
He accepted responsibility for the slump yet noted Palace have more points than in eight of the last 10 seasons. He added that he has not managed to offset departures or integrate signings effectively.
The Austrian had been unhappy with the January sale of captain Marc Guehi to Manchester City, saying he felt the team had been left short and that he could not understand the call. Palace then held talks with him and planned to keep him for the rest of the season. Winter business brought permanent deals for Brennan Johnson and Jorgen Strand Larsen, plus Evann Guessand on loan from Aston Villa.
Source: NY Times









































