Rob Edwards insists Mateus Mane’s future is with Wolves after Fulham strike | OneFootball

Rob Edwards insists Mateus Mane’s future is with Wolves after Fulham strike | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: OffsAIde

OffsAIde

·19 May 2026

Rob Edwards insists Mateus Mane’s future is with Wolves after Fulham strike

Article image:Rob Edwards insists Mateus Mane’s future is with Wolves after Fulham strike

Rob Edwards insists Mateus Mane will stay at Wolves after the 18-year-old struck his third goal of the season in the final home game against Fulham at Molineux on Sunday.

“People will just pick up on the goals. He scored some important ones early on against West Ham and Everton and they are expecting him to continue to do that. It is really difficult, especially at this level.” he told the BBC.


OneFootball Videos


The forward has broken through since the Christmas period, becoming a regular in the starting line-up, and, having scored twice earlier in the year, has been a rare positive in a dismal campaign that ends with Wolves returning to the Championship after an eight-year Premier League stay.

His form has fuelled talk over his future, with Liverpool and Manchester United previously linked, while Nottingham Forest were said last week to be keen. The Portugal under-21 international, handed his senior debut by former Wolves boss and current Forest chief Vitor Pereira, signed an improved contract earlier this season to June 2029.

“He will have ups and downs but he has learned a lot, he has a great attitude and his overall performance was good today, he worked tirelessly and he was committed. The exciting thing is he is not the finished article, he is not going to be at his age.”

Asked what the future holds for Mane, Edwards said: “With us. He will be with us.”

View publisher imprint