Two key PSG players support Ousmane Dembélé’s controversial outburst | OneFootball

Two key PSG players support Ousmane Dembélé’s controversial outburst | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Get French Football News

Get French Football News

·17 February 2026

Two key PSG players support Ousmane Dembélé’s controversial outburst

Article image:Two key PSG players support Ousmane Dembélé’s controversial outburst

Ousmane Dembélé’s comments in the wake of Paris Saint-Germain’s 3-1 loss to Stade Rennais have resonated with two key members of the squad, Canal Plus understands. 

The defeat to Rennes would ultimately see PSG lose top spot in Ligue 1, with RC Lens beating Paris FC (5-0) the next day to usurp them. Dembélé, post-match, was critical of attitudes. “Above all, we have to play for Paris Saint-Germain to win matches because, if we play alone on the pitch, that won’t work. Last year, we put the club above everything else, before thinking about ourselves. We need to rediscover that. We have to play for the club first and foremost before thinking about ourselves,” said the Ballon d’Or winner in his post-match interview with Ligue 1 Plus


OneFootball Videos


Those comments elicited a strong response from PSG manager Luis Enrique. “I won’t allow any player to be above the club. That is clear. I won’t allow any player to think he is more important than the club,” said the Spaniard.

Ahead of Tuesday night’s UEFA Champions League tie against AS Monaco, the Ballon d’Or winner’s comments continue to be discussed. Speaking ahead of the game, Joao Neves stated, “When we have something to say to certain players, we say it to their face.” 

However, the comments did at least resonate with MarquinhosCanal Plus understands, as well as Vitinha. Some of the leaders in the PSG squad, therefore, believe that there are some players who are currently playing less for the collective.

GFFN | Luke Entwistle

View publisher imprint