Football Italia
·17 de febrero de 2026
Kalulu on Juventus collapse and Bastoni apology: ‘It’s a pity’

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsFootball Italia
·17 de febrero de 2026

Pierre Kalulu insists Juventus cannot hide behind alibis after their 5-2 defeat to Galatasaray, and wants to put the Alessandro Bastoni incident behind him. ‘It’s a pity.’
The Bianconeri had been leading 2-1 at half-time in the first leg of this Champions League play-off, with a Teun Koopmeiners brace overturning the early Gabriel Sara goal.
They went 3-2 down and a man down after the restart, crumbling to a 5-2 loss that gives them a mountain to climb in the second leg on February 25.

ISTANBUL, TURKEY – FEBRUARY 17: Davinson Sanchez of Galatasaray A.S. celebrates scoring his team’s third goal during the UEFA Champions League 2025/26 League Knockout Play-off First Leg match between Galatasaray A.S. and Juventus at Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi on February 17, 2026 in Istanbul, Turkey. (Photo by Burak Kara/Getty Images)
“Goals keep coming from our own errors, but the most difficult thing to swallow was the second half performance overall,” Kalulu told Sky Sport Italia.
“Even with a red card, we should not have allowed all those scoring opportunities. We need to figure out what happened tonight, but it’s in the past now and in football you must be able to quickly move on to the next match.”
Gleison Bremer limped off with an injury in the first half, while they were also missing Jonathan David, Emil Holm and Dusan Vlahovic. Was the strain of their recent run of big matches to blame for this capitulation?
“No, you cannot hide behind fatigue when dealing with a Champions League fixture. That’s just the way it went today, it’s very difficult to work out what went wrong, but we’ve got to lift our heads and do better in future.”

MILAN, ITALY – FEBRUARY 14: Pierre Kalulu of Juventus reacts as he walks off after being sent off by Referee Federico La Penna (not pictured) for a second yellow card offence during the Serie A match between FC Internazionale and Juventus FC at Giuseppe Meazza Stadium on February 14, 2026 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)
Kalulu was in all the Italian headlines this week after his red card in the 3-2 Serie A defeat to Inter, as the second yellow was for a Bastoni simulation.
“Obviously, I was very irritable after that incident, but it is better not to talk too much, because sometimes it doesn’t really help. I just have to focus on the pitch, there are others who can talk about these matters.”

MILAN, ITALY – FEBRUARY 14: Alessandro Bastoni of FC Internazionale Milano shoots and hits the post during the Serie A match between FC Internazionale and Juventus FC at Giuseppe Meazza Stadium on February 14, 2026 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)
Inter defender Bastoni made a public apology today for exaggerating the contact to get Kalulu sent off, but above all for loudly celebrating the dismissal.
“I didn’t see what he said,” replied Kalulu.
“That match is in the past now, we’ve got to look to the future and not think about it anymore. All I will say is that it’s a pity.”









































