Latest Liverpool injury news as major Isak update issued | OneFootball

Latest Liverpool injury news as major Isak update issued | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: The Football Faithful

The Football Faithful

·19 de febrero de 2026

Latest Liverpool injury news as major Isak update issued

Imagen del artículo:Latest Liverpool injury news as major Isak update issued

Liverpool boss Arne Slot provided the latest injury news on his squad, including a big update on star striker Alexander Isak, ahead of this weekend’s trip to Nottingham Forest

The Reds travel to the City Ground this Sunday to face the Tricky Trees, who will be playing their first Premier League game under new manager Vitor Pereira after the former Wolves head coach replaced Sean Dyche.


OneFootball Videos


Liverpool have a number of injury worries heading into the game, although they will welcome at least one player back into the fold.

Slot confirmed that Joe Gomez is available and fit to start after coming on as a second-half substitute against Brighton in the FA Cup last Saturday. The defender had been sidelined by an injury he sustained against Bournemouth on 24th January.

Jeremie Frimpong, however, “will not be involved this weekend” but Slot said “we hope he will be involved next week if things go as planned”. The wing-back suffered a groin problem against Qarabag three weeks ago.

Endo Wataru will be out “for a long time” after leaving last week’s Sunderland match on a stretcher, with Slot adding “we don’t know exactly how long”.

Latest Liverpool injury news as major Isak update issued

Isak, meanwhile, is in the “final stages” of his recovery after he started running on the training pitch for the first time since breaking his leg in December. The Swede is yet to train with a football, but Slot expects him to be available by the month of April.

“You do know you’re in your final stages of rehab,” the Dutchman said. “Next step is, of course, doing work with the ball and then going into the group, but it takes a while before you’re ready to play.

“It’s nice that rehab has gone well; compliments to him and our medical staff. Let’s not put a timescale on it but it’s clear he will be available if things go as planned this season.”

He added: “It will be around that period of time – end of March, start of April – where he is hopefully back with the group.

“When you are back with the group that is not to say you are ready to play, let alone start a game of football because again he’s been out for months and the last time he was out for months we could all see it took him a while before he was the player who we signed from Newcastle.”

Follow the Football Faithful on Social Media:

Ver detalles de la publicación