OffsAIde
·20 mai 2026
Caio Ribeiro says Palmeiras and Flamengo made offers for Danilo

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·20 mai 2026

Botafogo have sidelined Danilo, and Flamengo and Palmeiras are vying to sign the Brazil midfielder, who has been called up for the World Cup.
Speaking on Seleção sportv, Caio Ribeiro said both clubs have tabled bids, with Palmeiras submitting a concrete offer and Flamengo increasing it. He also noted overseas interest.
Danilo will not train or play until his future is resolved. He missed Sunday’s match against Corinthians for personal reasons and will not travel to Paraguay for Wednesday’s Sudamericana tie with Independiente Petrolero.
Before joining Brazil, he had three fixtures left for Botafogo, one in the Brasileirão at São Paulo in Morumbis and two in the Sudamericana against Independiente Petrolero and Caracas. All call-ups will miss the final league round before the World Cup, when Botafogo visit Bahia.
Tension escalated on Saturday when he asked head coach Franclim Carvalho not to face Corinthians. Named in the squad, he was removed hours before kick-off at Nilton Santos.
Keeping a domestic move open was another factor. A 13th Brasileirão appearance would prevent him playing for another team in the competition, and he has 12 so far.
Danilo’s preference is to return to Europe with a club competing for trophies. His camp views it as possible but dependent on a strong World Cup, so a domestic switch remains in play.
Source: Globo.com







































