Harry Maguire reveals England World Cup omission, says he is shocked and devastated | OneFootball

Harry Maguire reveals England World Cup omission, says he is shocked and devastated | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: OffsAIde

OffsAIde

·22 mai 2026

Harry Maguire reveals England World Cup omission, says he is shocked and devastated

Image de l'article :Harry Maguire reveals England World Cup omission, says he is shocked and devastated

On the eve of England's World Cup squad announcement, Harry Maguire said in a post on X that he will not be included, that he feels shocked and devastated, and that he had been convinced he could play a major role this summer for his country.

The Manchester United centre-back, 33, with 66 caps and 7 goals, disclosed the news on Thursday, a day before Thomas Tuchel names his list for the tournament running 11 June-19 July.


Vidéos OneFootball


When fit this season, Maguire proved a relatively dependable option for United, making 22 appearances.

His club form earned a recall in March. He started the 1-1 draw with Uruguay and came off the bench in the 0-1 defeat to Japan, his first England minutes in 18 months.

Those displays have apparently not persuaded Tuchel to take the experienced defender to the World Cup. England will face Croatia, Ghana and Panama in the group stage.

À propos de Publisher