Ancelotti plays down Flamengo draw in Brazil picks, says Paquetá and Léo Pereira were already in | OneFootball

Ancelotti plays down Flamengo draw in Brazil picks, says Paquetá and Léo Pereira were already in | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: OffsAIde

OffsAIde

·20 Mei 2026

Ancelotti plays down Flamengo draw in Brazil picks, says Paquetá and Léo Pereira were already in

Gambar artikel:Ancelotti plays down Flamengo draw in Brazil picks, says Paquetá and Léo Pereira were already in

Carlo Ancelotti played down the significance of Athletico-PR 1-1 Flamengo in his Brazil selections, saying Lucas Paquetá and Léo Pereira were already assured of places before Sunday 17.

The Seleção coach was at Arena da Baixada to watch the Brasileirão fixture. According to Coluna Do Fla, he said the match was not decisive and praised Paquetá’s calm display after a significant injury.


Video OneFootball


He added that the call on Léo Pereira had been made earlier, highlighting the defender’s strong attitude during the last FIFA window.

Danilo and Alex Sandro also featured. The centre-back was sent off, and the full-back struggled against Athletico-PR’s pace, yet the experienced pair still made the final list.

Three players from the preliminary squad did not make the cut, Pedro, Samuel Lino and Léo Ortiz. Pedro scored Flamengo’s goal but, amid fierce competition, missed out on the 26.

Brazil face Panama at the Maracanã on 31 May in a friendly. Flamengo must release their four call-ups before playing Coritiba on 30 May in Rio, otherwise those players will miss the game.

Lihat jejak penerbit