OffsAIde
·21 August 2026
Andrews reveals Van Den Berg injury blow, but £17m man nears return

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·21 August 2026

Keith Andrews says Sepp Van Den Berg will miss the first few weeks of the season, while £17m signing Antoni Milambo edges closer to a comeback. On 28 July the Richmond and Twickenham Times reported the 24-year-old was expected to be out for three months.
The head coach explained the defender had a minor groin adductor problem that staff initially tried to manage, but it now requires extra rest. He described a disjointed pre-season for the Dutchman and confirmed a short spell on the sidelines.
Milambo is progressing well after the ACL injury he suffered last October with the Netherlands U21s. The 24-year-old joined Brentford last summer from Feyenoord and has put together several positive weeks, alternating between modified work and full sessions with the group.
Fabio Carvalho, who sustained the same injury a month after Milambo, has returned to full training. He featured for the B Team last week after not appearing in the first team’s 7-0 friendly win over Frankfurt.
Striker Kaye Furo did not play in that U21s game. Andrews said he had been due to top up minutes but a slight knock ruled him out for two or three days, and staff decided not to take any risk.
Brentford have added Mamadou Sangare, Callum Wilson and Jaidon Anthony this summer. Record signing Sangare has impressed following his reported £41m move from Lens and is expected to start when the Bees host Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday evening in their Premier League opener.
Source: Hounslow Herald
“Artificial intelligence was used to assist in creating this article based on reporting from the original source quoted.”







































