OffsAIde
·19 Mei 2026
Enrique Riquelme to decide in two or three days on Real Madrid election bid

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·19 Mei 2026

Enrique Riquelme will decide in two or three days whether to stand for the Real Madrid presidency after Florentino Pérez called elections last week. If he opts not to run, Pérez would be re-elected unopposed.
Pérez announced the vote unexpectedly last Tuesday, despite his mandate running until January 2029. Riquelme published a letter on Wednesday asking for more time before the call, a plea Pérez later rejected in an interview with La Sexta.
Speaking at a charity tournament in Madrid on Monday, the Grupo Cox president said his team are still working and that the timeframe has left little room to build something that genuinely benefits Real Madrid.
He said he will not enter just to pass the time. Any bid, he added, would need to be coherent and energising for the club over the next 10, 15 or 20 years.
Riquelme insisted he has the financial guarantees required, but declined to share details about prospective directors or plans. The deadline to register candidacies is this Saturday.
Source: El Periódico Mediterráneo







































