the Chelsea News
·23 Mei 2026
“Initial talks” – Sky Sports reporter provides major update on the future of Enzo Fernandez

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsthe Chelsea News
·23 Mei 2026

Enzo Fernandez is one of Manchester City’s “desired” transfer targets this summer, and is wanted by Enzo Maresca according to Sky Germany reporter Florian Plettenberg.
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL CHELSEA NEWS APP FOR ALL THE LATEST UPDATES – STRAIGHT TO YOUR PHONE! ON THE APP STORE
The Blues are set for a busy summer in terms of both incomings and outgoings, with reinforcements required in several key areas of the squad.
Chelsea are said to want a centre back, whilst it’s believed they want to add another midfielder and attacker to their ranks.
With no Champions League football there’s no doubt one or two of Chelsea’s top players will be considering their future, even with the arrival of Xabi Alonso in the dug out.
One of those is Fernandez, who was banned for two games earlier in the season for comments he made about his future during the March international break.
The Argentine has been in talks with Chelsea over a new contract, but has been unable to reach an agreement on salary.
Fernandez has been strongly linked with Real Madrid, and more recently City, following the news that Maresca will succeed Pep Guardiola at The Etihad this summer.
It’s been reported Sunday’s game against Sunderland could be the last for Fernandez in a Chelsea shirt, and Plettenberg has provided an update.
He took to X.com and said:
“EXCL | Enzo Fernandez is one of Manchester City’s desired transfer targets for the summer.
“Strongly wanted by Enzo Maresca. #MCFC Initial talks behind the scenes have already taken place.
“The two Enzos share a top and very trusting relationship. @SkySportDE”
Fernandez has been in good form this season, and has scored 15 goals, ten of which have come in the league, and registered seven assists.
If you enjoy Chelsea News coverage and want to see more of it, add us as a preferred source on Google to make us a favourite and see more of our content.
Chelsea have reached an agreement with Strasbourg for midfielder Valentin Barco, who will join the club in June.
More Stories / Latest News
The 21-year-old becomes the third summer signing at Chelsea, with the Blues having previously agreed deals for Geovany Quenda and Emmanuel Emegha.
Check out the latest edition of Simon Phillips’ SPTC podcast here:







































