OffsAIde
·21 Februari 2026
Lucas Piccinato leaves Corinthians after sacking, says he realised a dream

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·21 Februari 2026

Corinthians have sacked women’s head coach Lucas Piccinato in the early hours of Saturday following a 2-2 draw with Fluminense. He later posted a farewell message, saying coaching the club had fulfilled a dream.
The result came at Neo Química Arena in the second round of the Brasileiro Feminino. According to Meu Timao, the club have begun their search, with Emilly Lima, Felipe Freitas of Bahia and Marcelo Frigerio among those being assessed.
The decision to dismiss him had been taken before kick-off. Piccinato was officially told after the game during a meeting at Casa do Povo, with pressure for change coming from the club hierarchy and agreed by director Iris Sesso.
In his post, he thanked the board, staff, coaching team and players, and especially the supporters, for what he called unconditional backing.
Appointed at the start of 2024 to replace Arthur Elias, who left to take charge of Brazil’s women, Piccinato recorded 71 wins, 20 draws and 10 defeats, a 76.9% record, with 240 scored and 80 conceded. He won five trophies, the 2024 Supercopa, the 2024 and 2025 Brasileiro titles, and the 2024 and 2025 Libertadores.
Corinthians have roughly three weeks to name a successor because of the FIFA international window. The team have four points and return on 13 March to face Palmeiras at Arena Barueri in the third round.
Source: Meu Timao









































