Pantaleão confirms open vote in Andrés Sanchez case at Corinthians | OneFootball

Pantaleão confirms open vote in Andrés Sanchez case at Corinthians | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Central do Timão

Central do Timão

·19 Mei 2026

Pantaleão confirms open vote in Andrés Sanchez case at Corinthians

Gambar artikel:Pantaleão confirms open vote in Andrés Sanchez case at Corinthians
  1. By Mirella Ramos / Central do Timão

Leonardo Pantaleão, acting president of Corinthians’ Deliberative Council, confirmed that the vote in the trial involving former president Andrés Sanchez will be held openly and by name. The body’s meeting is scheduled for next Monday (25) and will analyze the opinion of the Ethics and Discipline Committee on the case involving improper use of the club’s corporate card during the former president’s term, between 2018 and 2020.

Pantaleão made the statement after the Deliberative Council meeting held this Monday (19), which discussed points of the reform of Corinthians’ bylaws.


Video OneFootball


Gambar artikel:Pantaleão confirms open vote in Andrés Sanchez case at Corinthians

Photo: Reproduction / Instagram

According to the official, the voting format will follow the same standard adopted in the other decisions led by him since he took over the body’s interim presidency.

“My idea, and I have always been convinced of this, is that there is no reason for there to be a closed vote. The vote is open and by name, there is no reason for it to be any different. All the votes so far that I have conducted here as president of the Council have been open, they have been by name. There is no reason for this one, specifically, to be different,” Pantaleão said.

Expectations for the meeting on the 25th are growing among the club’s fans and organized supporter groups. Gaviões da Fiel, for example, has been mobilizing Corinthians supporters on social media to follow the case involving the former president.

Despite this, Pantaleão emphasized that the meeting will be restricted to members of the Deliberative Council and said he has no concerns regarding the security of the meeting.

“As for security, this has already been communicated to the executive board, and the board has responsibility for the club’s security. But the issue of the fans is normal, they get involved, and this is nothing new, it is quite intense involvement in the club’s matters.”

The acting president also explained that there will be no access for fans or outsiders during the session.

“But this meeting will be restricted to the Deliberative Council, it will not be possible for fans or anyone from outside to take part. Because it is a trial meeting, it is indeed restricted to the internal sphere, to the council members who are there to take part in the meeting,” he added.

Pantaleão also commented on the Council’s schedule in the coming weeks. After analyzing the case involving Andrés Sanchez, the body will meet again on June 1 and 8 to discuss the Ethics Committee’s opinions related to former president Augusto Melo as well as others involved in the attempted invasion of Parque São Jorge, which took place on May 31, 2025.

According to the official, the intention is to avoid having the topics discussed simultaneously.

“So as not to create confusion or mix up the subjects, starting tomorrow the topic becomes the meeting on the 25th, even so that the council member can understand what he is voting on and what the arguments are. The council members will receive the Ethics Committee’s statement, in order to provide transparency,” he explained.

In addition to the internal proceedings at Corinthians, Andrés Sanchez is also under investigation by the São Paulo Public Prosecutor’s Office (MP-SP). In October 2025, the former president and the club’s former financial manager, Roberto Gavioli, were charged with embezzlement and money laundering. Andrés also faces an accusation of falsifying a tax document.

Review the chronology of the case

The internal investigations into spending on the corporate card began in August 2025, when the Justice Committee started looking into expenses incurred during Andrés Sanchez’s administration.

In October of that year, the former president requested a leave of absence from his duties as a lifetime council member and member of the Advisory Council (Cori). In the following months, the process moved forward with requests for documents, hearings, and defense statements.

Then, in April 2026, the Ethics Committee unanimously approved an opinion recommending the expulsion of Andrés Sanchez from Corinthians’ membership.

The decisive Deliberative Council meeting was officially scheduled on May 8 and will take place next Monday (25) at Parque São Jorge.

This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇧🇷 here.

Lihat jejak penerbit