Report: Liverpool could be ready to sack Arne Slot in dramatic U-turn | OneFootball

Report: Liverpool could be ready to sack Arne Slot in dramatic U-turn | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Anfield Index

Anfield Index

·21 Mei 2026

Report: Liverpool could be ready to sack Arne Slot in dramatic U-turn

Gambar artikel:Report: Liverpool could be ready to sack Arne Slot in dramatic U-turn

Arne Slot Sack Claim Sparks Major FSG Debate

Liverpool’s end to the season has taken another dramatic turn, with TEAMtalk and Graeme Bailey giving further coverage to a claim originally posted by @ChrisRoyceWords that Arne Slot will not continue as head coach for 2026/27.

Slot Future Under Serious Review

The report states: “EXCLUSIVE: The Liverpool board have decided NOT to continue with Arne Slot as manager for the 26/27 season.”


Video OneFootball


That is a major claim, particularly given Liverpool’s historic reluctance to make reactive managerial calls. Yet the mood around Anfield has shifted sharply after a chaotic campaign, with Champions League qualification still uncertain heading into the final day.

Graeme Bailey’s earlier update added important context, saying: “Edwards and Hughes have some serious thinking and talking to do.”

He continued: “The situation with Slot is escalating at a pace, and I can tell you not everyone internally is aligned behind the idea that he should definitely stay.”

Salah Fallout Adds Pressure

Mohamed Salah’s public frustration has clearly intensified scrutiny. Bailey reported: “I’m told Salah’s comments hit home in a massive way. Internally, there’s actually a lot of sympathy towards what he said.”

That matters. When a senior figure like Salah voices concern, and team-mates engage with those posts, it becomes harder to dismiss the issue as noise.

FSG Facing Defining Call

@ChrisRoyceWords also claimed: “Having previously opted to give Slot more time to turn things around, the decision to sack Slot was made over the weekend following conversations with senior players.”

A further post said: “Slot is set to take charge of Liverpool’s final game of the season on Sunday.”

TEAMtalk rightly stressed their sources have not yet verified that a final decision has been made. However, they confirmed “serious talks” are taking place behind the scenes.

Gambar artikel:Report: Liverpool could be ready to sack Arne Slot in dramatic U-turn

Photo: IMAGO

For Liverpool, this is now about more than results. It is about standards, authority, squad belief and whether FSG still see Slot as the right figure to lead the next phase.

Our View – Anfield Index Analysis

From a Liverpool supporter’s perspective, this feels like the inevitable result of a season where too many warning signs were ignored.

Fans can accept transition. They can accept injuries, tactical tweaks and the odd poor run. What they cannot accept is a side that looks confused, passive and short of identity for months. Liverpool should never be drifting into the final game unsure about Champions League qualification.

If Salah’s comments really did “hit home”, then good. They should have. Supporters have been saying similar things all season, only without the platform or dressing room access.

Slot may have been heavily involved in planning for next season, but that cannot be the deciding factor. The question is whether he has shown enough to deserve control of another campaign. Right now, many fans would say no.

FSG, Michael Edwards and Richard Hughes need clarity. If they believe Slot is not the man, act decisively. If they keep him, they must back him properly and explain the football vision. Half measures will only deepen the frustration.

Lihat jejak penerbit