Portal dos Dragões
·16 August 2026
Roma and FC Porto resume talks over Rodrigo Mora

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsPortal dos Dragões
·16 August 2026

Roma and FC Porto have resumed negotiations for Rodrigo Mora. The two clubs met again today in an attempt to find a solution that will allow the deal to go through, while always respecting the financial demands of the Dragons, who will only let the player, number 86, leave for a total fee of €50 million.
Talks had been suspended last week after a season-long loan was discussed, with a €10 million fee and a purchase option set at €40 million. The deal ultimately did not move forward because of the individual and collective targets required for that option to be exercised. FC Porto wanted the conditions for completion to be achievable, but Roma did not accept those terms.
According to Fabrizio Romano, a transfer market specialist, the Italian club has improved its offer and believes it can secure the signing of the Portuguese attacking midfielder. The negotiations are said to be at an advanced stage following direct contacts held this Sunday.
The renewed contact between Roma and FC Porto comes on the same day that AC Milan was linked with Rodrigo Mora. According to the Italian press, the Rossoneri board is said to have asked about the player as part of talks for Santiago Giménez, the striker who has reportedly already agreed personal terms with FC Porto.
Roma’s persistence is also linked to Gian Piero Gasperini’s wishes. The coach likes Rodrigo Mora’s characteristics and is said to have asked the Giallorossi sporting management to move forward with the signing of the Portuguese attacking midfielder.
This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇵🇹 here.
Live


Live


Live



































