São Paulo renew two contracts, Lucas and Calleri open talks | OneFootball

São Paulo renew two contracts, Lucas and Calleri open talks | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: AVANTE MEU TRICOLOR

AVANTE MEU TRICOLOR

·19 Februari 2026

São Paulo renew two contracts, Lucas and Calleri open talks

Gambar artikel:São Paulo renew two contracts, Lucas and Calleri open talks

As AVANTE MEU TRICOLOR revealed last week, São Paulo’s management considers its transfer window closed now with the signing of attacking midfielder Cauly, who arrived on loan from Bahia. Now, the priority at Morumbi will be to renew the contracts of squad players whose deals expire either during or at the end of this season.

Some situations have already been defined and we have already reported them.


Video OneFootball


Luciano has agreed to extend his contract for two more seasons, until December 2028. The official announcement of the new agreement between the parties should be released by the club in the coming days.

During negotiations, a salary increase was also agreed for the player, who has already scored over 100 goals for the Morumbi team. Another important detail in the new contract is an automatic extension until the end of 2029, should Luciano reach certain targets. If the striker plays at least half of 35 Tricolor matches in 2028, the deal will be extended for another season.

Marcos Antônio has also made progress in his renewal. The midfielder, who has become one of the team's standouts, will be permanently bought from Lazio, Italy, and has agreed to a contract that will last until the end of 2030, with a significant salary increase for the number 8.

Another player who is also said to have already signed a contract renewal is defensive midfielder Negrucci. His new deal with the club runs until 2030, also with a clause providing for an automatic one-year extension based on targets.

The case of the midfielder was considered even more urgent, as his current contract runs only until July, and he could already sign a pre-contract with any club.

The report found that Verona, from Italy, had offered the player a pre-contract, but despite having Italian citizenship, which would facilitate the transfer, he is said to have declined the offer, eyeing the possibility of getting more playing time this season, which in theory will be easier now that his contract situation is resolved.

However, this Thursday (19th) there was an update on three more cases.

The first is positive for São Paulo. Defender Sabino has agreed to extend his contract until the end of 2027. According to Tricolor executive Rui Costa, only bureaucratic details of the new contract remain to be finalized before it is made official.

The other two cases are also positive, but with a bit less optimism. Striker Calleri and attacking midfielder Lucas have not yet started talks for their renewals, but according to Costa, the agents of both will be contacted very soon to start negotiations.

There is less optimism in only one case, that of goalkeeper Young. The youngster from Cotia even has a career plan in hand, with a renewal until 2030 that includes a loan for regular playing time and a plan for matches to be played in the long term. But his stay until 2027 became complicated after his agent, Wagner Ribeiro, complained to the ‘Globo Esporte‘ portal that he is not properly valued and that the plan is to take him out of Morumbi. We’ll see how this will be resolved…

This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇧🇷 here.

Lihat jejak penerbit