OffsAIde
·22 Februari 2026
Tolu Arokodare condemns racist abuse, says it taints the sport

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·22 Februari 2026

Wolves striker Tolu Arokodare has condemned racist abuse sent to him online after Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Crystal Palace, urging tough punishment for those responsible.
The player said in a post that: "It's still unbelievable to me that we're playing in a time where people have so much freedom to communicate such racism without any consequences." "These individuals should have no place in our game and collectively we have to take action to punish everyone who taints the sport like this, no matter who they are."
The abuse arrived on Instagram after the Nigerian missed a first-half penalty with the match goalless, and Rob Edwards' side were beaten 1-0. Messages shared by Arokodare and the club included the slurs "monkey" and the N-word.
The 25-year-old is a 10-cap Nigeria international who joined Wolves from Genk last September in a £24million move.
He has scored five goals in 28 appearances in all competitions so far this season.
Source: ExpressAndStar.com









































