BVBWLD.de
·22 Mei 2026
Transfer tussle over Jadon Sancho: Italy in his sights

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsBVBWLD.de
·22 Mei 2026

Time and again, Jadon Sancho is linked with a return to Borussia Dortmund. However, no deal has been completed so far. As things stand, the 26-year-old winger will return to Manchester at the end of the season following his loan spell at Aston Villa.
Last Wednesday, Sancho had every reason to celebrate. With the Villans, the former BVB star won the Europa League. In the final, the English side beat SC Freiburg convincingly 3-0. Sancho came on after 81 minutes and helped see out the win. By that point, the match had long since been decided.
This season, the dribbling specialist made 39 appearances for Aston Villa. His return of one goal and three assists is extremely modest. He was also allowed to play the full 90 minutes in just a single (!) match.
No comparison to the success he enjoyed during his time in Dortmund. Sancho made 158 appearances for BVB, scored 53 goals, and set up another 67. According to Ysscores, Sancho is therefore pushing for a new challenge outside the Premier League. But apparently, the Bundesliga is no longer his top priority—instead, it is Italy’s Serie A. It is said that Sancho’s management has already taken the first concrete steps behind the scenes.
Among the top clubs contacted is AC Milan. The aim of the talks is to sound out the framework for a move in the upcoming summer transfer window. However, the Red Devils’ decision-makers are reportedly unwilling to let the Englishman leave on a free transfer under any circumstances. To protect the winger’s market value, Manchester United’s management is said to be planning to activate a contract clause. This would automatically extend the player’s deal by another year. Only after securing this strategic safeguard would final talks over a permanent sale take place in the summer.

Photo: IMAGO
Sancho’s sporting future remains a complicated puzzle. While the player himself is pushing for a new challenge in Italian football, Manchester United is protecting its position internally in order to generate the best possible transfer fee. With strong interest from top European clubs, various scenarios are conceivable this summer. Whether Borussia Dortmund still has a role to play in any of them currently seems more unlikely than ever.
This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇩🇪 here.




Langsung


Langsung


Langsung































