Coluna do Fla
·19 febbraio 2026
Bruno Henrique rules out retirement at Flamengo: "It's not my priority..."

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsColuna do Fla
·19 febbraio 2026

Bruno Henrique has been making history wearing the Flamengo jersey since 2019, and with that, there is growing anticipation about the next steps for the 35-year-old forward. When asked about retirement, the number 27 made it clear that he is not thinking about this subject and said he does not have a set date to ‘hang up his boots’.
— I’ve already talked to my staff, I still don’t want to think about retirement. I even talked about this last year, but it wasn’t with the intention of retiring now. I will keep playing as long as I can -, said Bruno Henrique in an interview with ‘ESPN’.
The forward Bruno Henrique is part of one of the most successful squads in Flamengo’s history. In total, the forward has collected 17 titles with the Sacred Mantle, including three Libertadores (2019, 2022, and 2025), two Copa do Brasil trophies (2022 and 2025), and three Brasileirão championships (2019, 2020, and 2025).
With Bruno Henrique available, Flamengo is in Argentina to kick off the battle for the Recopa Sudamericana title. This Wednesday (18), coach Filipe Luís led the final training session on Argentine soil, at Boca Juniors’ training center (ARG), to define the starting lineup for the red-and-black team.
SEE THE PROBABLE LINEUP
Rossi; Varela, Léo Ortiz, Léo Pereira and Alex Sandro; Pulgar, Paquetá and Arrascaeta; Carrascal, Cebolinha and Pedro.
The match between Flamengo and Lanús takes place at 9:30 PM (Brasília time) this Thursday (19), in Argentina. As usual, Coluna do Fla TV will provide detailed coverage of the match with Simon Lédo reporting ‘on site’ on YouTube, as well as on their website and social media. Finally, ESPN (cable channel) and Disney+ (streaming) will broadcast the match.
This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇧🇷 here.









































