OneFootball
·19 de maio de 2026
In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOneFootball
·19 de maio de 2026
Julian Nagelsmann will not announce the squad for the World Cup in the USA, Canada and Mexico until Thursday. But the first names are already starting to leak out. After Manuel Neuer’s return had already been taking shape, the national coach has now apparently also made a decision on Felix Nmecha.
According to 'Bild', the Dortmund player will receive a World Cup ticket. Since everything in his comeback has reportedly gone according to plan, nothing now stands in the way of the tournament.
The BVB star suffered a serious knee injury in the spring, which is why Nagelsmann said as recently as March that there was a risk Nmecha could miss the World Cup. Fortunately for the Dortmund player, that scenario is now not expected to happen. Instead, he now seems set to be pleased about a place in the Germany squad.
Robert Andrich, on the other hand, is said to have been turned down. According to information from 'RTL', the Leverkusen player has already been told by Nagelsmann that he will not be part of the World Cup squad.
He was still a regular at Euro 2024, but now Nagelsmann is said to have rejected him, meaning he will likely have to follow the tournament from his couch this summer.
This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇩🇪 here.
📸 Alexander Hassenstein - 2026 Getty Images







































