OffsAIde
·23. Mai 2026
Rob Edwards says Andre deal signals Wolves’ Championship intent

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·23. Mai 2026

Rob Edwards believes Andre’s new four-year deal underlines Wolves’ intent to push for an immediate Premier League return next season.
According to ExpressAndStar.com, the club confirmed on Friday that the midfielder has committed until 2030 after relegation, despite supporters expecting departures. Chairman Nathan Shi said talks had been ongoing for some time.
Edwards praised Andre’s professionalism and growing leadership, and said his technical quality and Premier League displays make him an exciting asset for the Championship. He added that the division must be respected because it is demanding, but said Andre should look a good player.
He noted the player has consistently expressed a desire to stay and help, and that their strong relationship and his enjoyment at the club have endured a difficult season. Edwards called the agreement hugely positive.
Edwards said repeated conversations centred on building a strong team, and views the contract as a marker of intent and the hoped-for start to a positive summer. He added that continuity matters, and that keeping committed leaders shows they are serious.
Andre has made 74 appearances since joining, contributing to Wolves’ survival in the Premier League in his first campaign. His second season was tougher, and interest from other clubs had been reported.
Technical director Matt Jackson hailed Andre for buying into the project, saying he had gone on record early and was a man of his word.
Source: ExpressAndStar.com







































