Hayters TV
·21 August 2026
Burnley boss Hayen remains hopeful of keeping star man

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsHayters TV
·21 August 2026

Burnley boss Nicky Hayen says Zian Flemming could leave the club this summer if a suitable offer arrives, despite insisting his preference is for the forward to remain at Turf Moor.
Flemming has attracted interest this summer but Hayen remains hopeful of keeping him at the club.
“My feeling will always say that he has to stay,” Hayen said.
“He showed the last two games actually how important he is for the group. You saw he scores already two times, but how many chances does he get also in the game? So the way we want to play suits him really, really well.
“But I know how the transfer window goes and when there’s a club who is interested and they do an offer, you know there’s always a chance that the player can leave.”
“Who doesn’t have the ambition to play in the Premier League? I think everyone does, also Zian,” Hayen continued.
“But I already had good conversations with him and I already had this conversation before the season and Zian is a player who is here 100 per cent and that’s the most important.
“If there will be an offer, then he will consider it because it still is ambition. But I think you saw him last Sunday also, when there’s no offer, when there’s nothing, Zian will play with his big heart for the club and will score his goals.”
Despite the speculation, Hayen revealed Burnley have not yet received a concrete bid for Flemming.
“I don’t think so,” he said when asked if there had been any firm proposals.
“I have to ask the management. If only one is really, really there then they would inform me, so at the moment, it’s not the case.”
Live


Live


Live


Live


Live


Live





























