BVB wait for ‘exciting options’: another signing to come? | OneFootball

BVB wait for ‘exciting options’: another signing to come? | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: BVBWLD.de

BVBWLD.de

·20 August 2026

BVB wait for ‘exciting options’: another signing to come?

Article image:BVB wait for ‘exciting options’: another signing to come?

After six new signings, Borussia Dortmund could still make another move in the transfer market. BVB chief Lars Ricken is leaving the door open for further reinforcements.

Borussia Dortmund have already been very active in the transfer market. BVB have now brought in six external new signings, rejuvenating the squad and strengthening several positions. Even so, more could still happen before the end of the transfer window. Sporting managing director Lars Ricken is at least not ruling out further arrivals.


OneFootball Videos


Speaking ahead of the Supercup against Bayern Munich on Saturday (22 August), Ricken commented on Dortmund’s squad planning and said he was satisfied with how things have gone so far. “We’ve done our job for now and sensibly covered the departures,” explained the 50-year-old. That puts BVB in a comfortable position now, with no urgent need to make another move.

However, their transfer business is not completely finished. “Nothing else has to happen, but maybe something still will,” said Ricken. Those in charge want to closely monitor developments in the market over the remaining days. If interesting opportunities arise, Dortmund could respond accordingly.

BVB transfer: Héctor Fort still a candidate

One position that could come into focus is the right flank. A gap has opened up there following Yan Couto’s departure to Como. Even so, coach Niko Kovac does not see any immediate pressure to act. “We are well positioned on both sides, so I’m not worried. Nevertheless, we’re keeping our eyes open,” said the BVB coach. Barcelona’s Héctor Fort is considered a possible candidate for the right side.

Article image:BVB wait for ‘exciting options’: another signing to come?

Photo: IMAGO

Departures before the transfer deadline cannot be ruled out either. There have recently been rumors surrounding the futures of Fábio Silva and Marcel Sabitzer. However, Dortmund do not want to force anyone out. Ricken made that clear: “There has been no message to any player that he has to leave or look for another club.” Overall, the club’s interim assessment is therefore a positive one.

Dortmund wanted to make the squad younger and more capable of development without significantly sacrificing sporting quality. Ricken believes that objective has been achieved so far: “I think we’ve put together a well-balanced squad.” That means BVB can approach the final days of the transfer window relatively calmly. Dortmund do not have to add anyone else — but if the right opportunity arises, the door remains open for another new signing.

This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇩🇪 here.

View publisher imprint