Central do Timão
·20 August 2026
Corinthians fans’ group speaks on SAF and possible court action

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsCentral do Timão
·20 August 2026

Last Wednesday (19), the Coletivo Democracia Corinthiana (CDC), made up of a group of Corinthians supporters, issued an official statement on its Instagram account addressing two topics currently making headlines in Corinthians news: SAFIEL and the possible implementation of a judicial intervention — the appointment of an intervenor and, consequently, the removal of the board for administrative incapacity, in order to protect the club.
SAFIEL, it is worth recalling, is made up of a group of founders proposing to turn Corinthians into a Football Corporation (SAF) through the sale of shares to its supporters, giving them an effective role in the club’s administrative decisions. Recently, the founders launched a 2.0 version of the project. Click here to see the details.

Photo: Reproduction
In short, in its statement, the Coletivo Democracia Corinthiana said it is against the implementation of a SAF and a possible judicial intervention in the club. As justification, the group says that both issues are often ‘sold as solutions’ without considering the consequences such changes could generate within the club. As examples, they cite Atlético-MG’s SAF, which still leaves the institution heavily in debt despite the purchase by Rubens Menin’s group, as well as the damage caused by SAFs at Vasco da Gama and Botafogo. Read the full official statement at the end of the article.
On the other hand, the supporters’ group acknowledges Corinthians’ poor management under Osmar Stabile’s board and demands concrete changes. In the text, the CDC mentions late payments involving employees, players, and the coaching staff, as well as controversies linked to the hiring of irregular security companies.
On the afternoon of last Wednesday (19), Gaviões da Fiel, together with regular supporters, gathered in front of the Public Prosecutor’s Office (MP-SP) to stage a protest in favor of judicial intervention at the club in Parque São Jorge, given the repeated accumulation of administrative problems and the lack of effective action by recent administrations to stop the institution’s financial crisis.
The possible implementation of a judicial intervention at Corinthians is being analyzed by prosecutors André Pascoal and Luiz Ambra Neto, who have already taken testimony from people involved in the club’s day-to-day operations after receiving complaints of irregularities by the current and previous boards that have been in charge of Timão. It is worth noting that, once an opinion is issued, it will be up to the courts to accept or reject the Public Prosecutor’s Office’s decision regarding the case. So far, there is no specific deadline for the investigations to be concluded.
Corinthians, it should also be remembered, is currently barred from registering players because it has been punished with three transfer bans — two by FIFA and one by the National Chamber for Dispute Resolution (CNRD, a CBF body) — over pending issues totaling approximately R$ 22 million. In the first quarter, Timão posted a loss of just over R$ 130 million. The situation is even more worrying when considering the 2025 balance sheet, in which, even with the Campeonato Paulista and Copa do Brasil titles, the club recorded a deficit of R$ 143 million and total debt of R$ 2.7 billion. The current squad has overdue payments related to image rights, vacation pay, and bonuses for qualifying for the Conmebol Libertadores round of 16.
Osmar Stabile’s administration is also under investigation by the Public Prosecutor’s Office (MP-SP) regarding the hiring of and payment of R$ 676,000 to Mega Assessoria Operacional LTDA for security services. However, the company does not have authorization from the Federal Police to perform that function in the sector. In addition, Corinthians’ payments to Bear Security (R$ 586,000), which is responsible for the current president’s private security, are also being investigated.
See below part of Coletivo Democracia Corinthiana’s position:
The crisis Corinthians is facing is not just another difficult spell on the field. It is the reflection of years of disrespect for the club’s history and its greatest asset: the supporters.
The feeling among Corinthians supporters is clear: enough disrespect!
Dissatisfaction with the current administration is widespread. Mismanagement, lack of transparency, negligence regarding misconduct, in addition to the financial chaos, show a worrying disconnect from the club’s values.
We demand deep and immediate changes in the administration, but no more improvisation. There are no magic or miraculous solutions. Neither a SAF nor judicial intervention is the answer.
Many present the transformation into a SAF (Football Corporation) or Judicial Intervention as a silver bullet. But the risk of worsening the situation and making it irreversible is immense.
This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇧🇷 here.







































