Football Italia
·18 August 2026
Galatasaray open talks with Milan’s Nkunku amid Newcastle and Leipzig rumours

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsFootball Italia
·18 August 2026

Galatasaray have opened talks with AC Milan over a possible move for Christopher Nkunku, joining an increasingly crowded field of suitors for the forward as he edges towards the Rossoneri exit door.
According to journalist Sacha Tavolieri, the Turkish club began discussions with Milan’s hierarchy on Monday, having already been tracking Rafael Leao for some time.
Nkunku was left out of Ruben Amorim’s plans earlier this month, one of four players told they could leave San Siro before the season begins.

PISA, ITALY – FEBRUARY 13: Christopher Nkuku of AC Milan in action during the Serie A match between Pisa SC and AC Milan at Arena Garibaldi on February 13, 2026 in Pisa, Italy. (Photo by Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)
RB Leipzig, the club Nkunku left for Chelsea in 2023, are also pushing hard to bring him back to Germany, though the France international is said to be holding off on any decision in the hope other options materialise before the window shuts.
Newcastle have likewise been credited with interest.
Milan signed Nkunku from Chelsea for around €37m last summer, and he managed eight goals and three assists in 35 appearances across his debut season, though that wasn’t enough to convince Amorim to build around him.







































