OffsAIde
·21 August 2026
Manchester City’s Jeremy Doku out for up to three weeks, says Enzo Maresca

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·21 August 2026

Jeremy Doku will miss up to three weeks with a calf problem, Manchester City manager Enzo Maresca said on Friday ahead of Sunday’s Premier League opener against Bournemouth.
According to Hayters, Maresca explained the Belgian felt pain at half-time of last Sunday’s 3-0 Community Shield loss to Arsenal and had been due to play only 45 minutes. He estimated a two to three week lay-off, adding Matheus Nunes is back and the rest of the squad are available.
Options to cover include Antoine Semenyo, Jack Grealish and Omar Marmoush. The Athletic reports Tottenham have an agreement to sign Savinho in a deal worth up to £85 million, and are advancing talks for Marmoush.
Doku, 24, contributed eight goals and 14 assists in 2025-26 as City won the Carabao Cup and FA Cup. He signed a new five-year contract last week.
Sunday’s trip will be City’s first meeting with Bournemouth since a 1-1 draw that confirmed Arsenal’s title. With Savinho close to joining Tottenham and Doku absent, City’s wide resources are thinner. Phil Foden can be moved wide and 18-year-old Ryan McAidoo has stayed with the squad, though he prefers the right.
Source: NY Times
“Artificial intelligence was used to assist in creating this article based on reporting from the original source quoted.”







































