Michael Carrick confirms Manchester United transfer target as Carlos Baleba 'agrees' personal terms | OneFootball

Michael Carrick confirms Manchester United transfer target as Carlos Baleba 'agrees' personal terms | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Evening Standard

Evening Standard

·20 August 2026

Michael Carrick confirms Manchester United transfer target as Carlos Baleba 'agrees' personal terms

Article image:Michael Carrick confirms Manchester United transfer target as Carlos Baleba 'agrees' personal terms

Man United will be active for the remainder of the summer transfer window

Michael Carrick has confirmed he remains open to more business, as Manchester United close in on the signing of Carlos Baleba.


OneFootball Videos


There are even suggestions that a medical for Baleba has already been planned with the midfielder waiting for the green light to travel to Manchester after agreeing personal terms.

With the Red Devils are expected to get a deal - worth around £65million - for the Cameroon international over the line, Carrick has revealed United will remain active in the window all the way up until transfer Deadline Day.

Speaking in United’s pre-Hull press conference on Thursday, Carrick was asked about the club’s transfer plans, specifically around signing a left-back.

He said: “I just think we're looking to strengthen the squad. We're certainly working towards that, making the most of the situation that we have and trying to improve things and trying to move forward.

“You know, I said the same thing to you last time. So, yeah, certainly trying to make the most of the opportunities to finish the window stronger than we went into it.

“And I think we're a good way to doing that, so far.”

Article image:Michael Carrick confirms Manchester United transfer target as Carlos Baleba 'agrees' personal terms

Carlos Baleba is expected to be a Manchester United player soon

London Standard

Racing Santander defender Jorge Salinas has been touted as a potential alternative to Hall, with Man Utd scouts said to have been impressed by his performances during the Under-19 European Championships.

The versatile defender has three years to run on his contract at Racing and has also attracted interest from Barcelona.

Interest in the 19-year-old has prompted Racing sporting director Chema Aragon to make it clear that Salinas can leave - but only on the condition that the €16million (£13.7m) release clause in his contract is triggered.

View publisher imprint