Mikel Arteta reveals Bruno Guimaraes injury latest in new four-man Arsenal update | OneFootball

Mikel Arteta reveals Bruno Guimaraes injury latest in new four-man Arsenal update | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Evening Standard

Evening Standard

·20 August 2026

Mikel Arteta reveals Bruno Guimaraes injury latest in new four-man Arsenal update

Article image:Mikel Arteta reveals Bruno Guimaraes injury latest in new four-man Arsenal update

Mikel Arteta has also delivered an update on Declan Rice as Arsenal prepare to kick off new Premier League season


OneFootball Videos


However, the Brazilian was spotted in the second half sitting on the bench with ice on his right thigh, prompting injury concerns among supporters.

Arsenal are next in action on Friday night as they begin the defence of their Premier League title at home to newly-promoted Coventry and Arteta has delivered an update on the midfielder.

Speaking on Thursday, the Spaniard revealed: “Let's see how he is. He's evolving really well but let's see for tomorrow."

If Guimaraes is ruled out, Arteta does have the option of starting Martin Zubimendi or Declan Rice alongside Myles Lewis-Skelly after confirming the England international, and Bukayo Saka, are available for selection.

“They are ready to be involved,” the Gunners boss added.

Article image:Mikel Arteta reveals Bruno Guimaraes injury latest in new four-man Arsenal update

Injury latest: Bruno Guimaraes

Getty

Timber, meanwhile, has not featured for the Gunners since making a substitute appearance in the Champions League final penalty shootout loss to Paris Saint-Germain at the end of May.

Prior to that, Timber had been sidelined since limping off during the 2-0 win over Everton on March 14.

In his prolonged absence, Ben White and Cristhian Mosquera have shared right-back duties, while Ezri Konsa will provide further cover once his £51million transfer from Aston Villa is finalised.

Speaking after the Emirates Cup loss to Borussia Dortmund on August 9, Arteta said the Dutchman was still a fee weeks away from a return and the situation has not changed.

“I said in the next few weeks,” Arteta explained. “He's not trained with the group yet."

View publisher imprint