La Número 12
·18 February 2026
Nahitan Nández admits Riquelme called him about a Boca return

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsLa Número 12
·18 February 2026

The Uruguayan midfielder, Nahitan Nández, is one of the most beloved players by the Xeneize fans in recent years. It's been a while since he spoke about Boca, and he addressed the possibility of a second stint at the club. Joking with Juan Román Riquelme and feeling nostalgic about being close to his family, the 'Lion' left the door open for a future return to La Bombonera.
Despite his ongoing career abroad, the Uruguayan midfielder did not hide that the separation is starting to weigh on his personal scale. Having just turned 30, the distance from his loved ones is the main driver of his desire to return to the continent.
“I'm 30 years old, I've been away from home for a long time, I have my two children in Uruguay; on the other side of the world. These are some of the things that make you think about coming back home again,” the midfielder confessed in an interview with El Espectador.

Nández played for Boca between 2017 and 2019.
The Uruguayan confirmed what many fans were hoping to hear: the contact with the president is real and ongoing. Far from formalities, the president uses his usual direct and relaxed style to tempt him with a return. “Román sent me a message at the time. We were in contact for a while. He tells me that I left a nice memory at Boca. He would like me to wear the jersey again,” he revealed.
There was even room for jokes about his current situation in the Saudi league: “The other day he jokingly asked if I was going to continue on vacation in Arabia or if I wanted to return to Boca,” he said with a laugh, making it clear that the relationship between them is excellent.

The Uruguayan left a good memory among the fans.
Román is not the only one trying to convince him. His compatriot and Xeneize team leader, Edinson Cavani, also maintains constant conversations with him. Although the official reason is special occasions, the topic of Boca always hovers in the air. “I talk to Edi often too, I spoke to him last week for his birthday,” he admitted, fueling the hope of seeing the two Uruguayans sharing a team in La Ribera.
Although the player's desire and the club's interest align, the economic and professional reality poses a short-term hurdle. Currently, he has an active contract in Saudi Arabia until June 2027, which would force Boca to negotiate a complex exit or wait until the end of his contract to finalize the anticipated return.

Nández said goodbye to the Xeneize on July 31, 2019.
Will 2027 be the year of the "charrúa claw" returning to Boca's midfield? For now, the contacts are active, and the player's heart seems to be increasingly leaning towards Buenos Aires.
This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇪🇸 here.









































