Nice v ASSE play-off second leg to be played behind closed doors | OneFootball

Nice v ASSE play-off second leg to be played behind closed doors | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: OffsAIde

OffsAIde

·21 May 2026

Nice v ASSE play-off second leg to be played behind closed doors

Article image:Nice v ASSE play-off second leg to be played behind closed doors

The LFP disciplinary commission has sanctioned OGC Nice after disorder following Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Metz. As a result, the AS Saint-Étienne play-off second leg at the Allianz Riviera on 29 May at 20:45 will be played behind closed doors.

Nice intend to appeal. “Nothing is spared us. It is very sad because we really needed our supporters for this second leg against Saint-Étienne. But we will try to stay in our bubble for the Cup and for these play-offs, and save the club from relegation,” said vice-president delegate Maurice Cohen, who told AFP.


OneFootball Videos


More than 100 people entered the pitch at full time, with some throwing flares towards the tunnel leading to the dressing rooms. Anger was concentrated in the south stand. Meeting on Wednesday, the commission noted the use and throwing of pyrotechnic devices, a pitch invasion and damage after the final whistle.

The punishment closes the Allianz Riviera to spectators for two matches, with another game suspended.

The second leg had already been rescheduled because Nice are contesting the Coupe de France final. The sides have already met behind closed doors this season, a December Coupe de France tie that finished 2-1.

View publisher imprint