Palace Fans Turn As Oliver Glasner Has One Foot Out Of Selhurst Park | OneFootball

Palace Fans Turn As Oliver Glasner Has One Foot Out Of Selhurst Park | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Attacking Football

Attacking Football

·20 February 2026

Palace Fans Turn As Oliver Glasner Has One Foot Out Of Selhurst Park

Article image:Palace Fans Turn As Oliver Glasner Has One Foot Out Of Selhurst Park

Oliver Glasner and the Crystal Palace board are in direct discussions over the Austrian’s immediate future.

Glasner, who announced in January that he planned to leave the club at the expiration of his contract in June 2026, could now leave imminently, reports Fabrizio Romano.


OneFootball Videos


So how has it got to this, and is time up for the man who won them their first major trophy, in a sad breakdown in relations between the manager and club?

Glasner oUT

“A decision has already been taken, months ago. I had a meeting with Steve [Parish] in October, the international break,” Glasner told the press in January.

“We had a very long talk, and I told him I will not sign a new contract. We agreed at the time it was the best to keep it between us. It’s the best that we could do that and keep it confidential for three months.

In a statement that Palace fans had felt was coming, Glasner confirmed rumours that he was intending to leave. But behind the scenes, Chairman Steve Parish was not impressed, feeling the Austrian had jumped the gun with his announcement.

Glasner, growing tired with a lack of ambition at Crystal Palace, who were selling Marc Guehi and had already let star player Ebere Eze go to fellow Premier League club Arsenal in the summer, decided enough was enough.

While fans were unhappy with Glasner leaving, they felt, and still do feel disappointed with Steve Parish – and rightly so. Palace had European qualification, a first major trophy, and the dreams of going even further. But it has all stopped to a halt.

The criticism over Glasner had slowly started to quieten down until a section of Palace’s away support turned on the 51-year-old during Thursday’s 1-1 draw against Zrinjski Mostar in the Europa Conference League, chanting “we want Glasner out”.

In an extremely sad turn of events, the Palace faithful are no longer happy to sit and watch a man clearly not interested in staying at the club manage them any longer.

Glasner’s media comments since have only stoked the fire – and he appears a man ready to jump ship.

In his pre-match press conference on Friday before Palace’s game against Wolves, the Austrian was asked if he’ll remain in charge until the end of the season: “I always said, and this wasn’t the first press conference where I could just repeat myself. As I said, eventually you always depend on your players, and they will get all the support like always, and then we will see.”

“Let’s see what the future brings, you never know.”OLIVER GLASNER On whether he wants to stay at CRYSTAL PALACE until JUNE

Glasner offered more input, saying: “In football, it’s easy. As a manager, you will stay or be allowed to stay when the results are OK. Football is all about this and the last months, the results were not good. The performances were not consistently good and that’s it.”

On what his team accomplished last year: “On the other side, I was good enough to play the best season ever, win two trophies and also to look back 32 points after 26 games – I look back because I like to look back sometimes – Crystal Palace has been better twice. Once was our season last year, and once in 2021. Never before it was more or less between 25 and 29 points all the time.”

Once this saga is over, both Crystal Palace and Oliver Glasner will be better for it – it just needs to end quickly before somebody gets hurt.

The animosity between both parties will one day turn into reflection over a magical period, where Palace fans witnessed their team winning a major trophy for the first time, both young and old.

View publisher imprint