Rennes president Arnaud Pouille: Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss at Marseille | OneFootball

Rennes president Arnaud Pouille: Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss at Marseille | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: OffsAIde

OffsAIde

·18 de febrero de 2026

Rennes president Arnaud Pouille: Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss at Marseille

Imagen del artículo:Rennes president Arnaud Pouille: Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss at Marseille

Rennes president Arnaud Pouille said Habib Beye asked to leave the day after the 3-0 Coupe de France defeat at Marseille. According to GetFootballNewsFrance.com, he addressed the situation at a media appearance.

Rennes had not formally announced a split, stating last week they had begun a procedure and relieving Beye of his duties. Beye is now on his way to sign for Marseille to replace the departed Roberto De Zerbi.


OneFootball Videos


Pouille said Rennes terminated Beye's contract and that the reasons were detailed in a letter sent to the coach.

He described the timing as strange, noting Beye's wish to leave came four days before the transfer window closed, after a window they had worked on together. He added he tries not to be surprised by anything in football.

The club introduced Franck Haise as their new head coach on Wednesday. The former RC Lens manager was a free agent after his stint with OGC Nice ended last December.

Ver detalles de la publicación