Get French Football News
·18 de febrero de 2026
Franck Haise opens up on Rennes return: ‘There aren’t many clubs that would have brought me out of my break.’

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsGet French Football News
·18 de febrero de 2026

Franck Haise has officially joined Stade Rennais this Wednesday, effectively replacing Habib Beye, who has been dismissed last week. The former RC Lens manager was the favorite to take over from the Senegalese head coach, who is on his way to succeed Roberto De Zerbi at Marseille. The 54-year-old is making a return to Stade Rennais after spending six years with Les Rouge et Noir as a youth coach, between 2006 and 2012.
Haise was introduced to the media today at Rennes’ Roazhon Park, alongside club president Arnaud Pouille and Sporting Director Loïc Désiré. “I am very happy to be here, and I sincerely mean it. This club has been important in my career, and I hope it will continue to.“
Haise said that it is not the first time that Rennes have tried to poach him, although all the conditions weren’t right for him to make his return in Brittany, until now. “For once, I was a free agent, and Rennes made a choice. There aren’t many clubs that would have brought me out of my break. In this case, it was obvious that I would say yes.“
Haise said that hopes to lead Rennes back into European competition next season, which is a “legitimate ambition” for the club, as well as offer entertaining football to match-going Rennes fans. “We don’t always succeed, but it must be one of our quests in any case.” Rennes play Auxerre away on Sunday.
GFFN | Bastien Cheval – reporting from Rennes









































