OffsAIde
·19 August 2026
Folarin Balogun, Matthis Abline and Ansu Fati miss AS Monaco training

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·19 August 2026

Folarin Balogun was one of three absentees from AS Monaco’s first-team training on Wednesday in La Turbie, ahead of Thursday’s UEFA Europa Conference League tie against Górnik Zabrze, according to Get French Football News.
The USMNT striker has been heavily linked with Tottenham Hotspur, but Filipe Luís said his absence was not due to an impending departure.
The new Monaco manager said Balogun has only just begun pre-season after returning late from the World Cup and is also recovering from issues suffered there. He added the forward has hardly trained so far, will probably start working with the group this week, and he hopes to have him soon.
Matthis Abline also sat out the session, though he later walked around the pitch for an individual workout during the final 15 minutes open to the media. He sustained a knock against Coventry City and is feeling pain in his foot.
Ansu Fati was absent as well and is not expected to be fit for the start of the Ligue 1 season.
Source: Get French Football News
“Artificial intelligence was used to assist in creating this article based on reporting from the original source quoted.”
Live







































