Rennes president Arnaud Pouille confirms Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss to Marseille | OneFootball

Rennes president Arnaud Pouille confirms Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss to Marseille | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Get French Football News

Get French Football News

·18 febbraio 2026

Rennes president Arnaud Pouille confirms Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss to Marseille

Immagine dell'articolo:Rennes president Arnaud Pouille confirms Habib Beye asked to leave after 3-0 Coupe de France loss to Marseille

Rennes president Arnaud Pouille faced the media this Wednesday as part of Franck Haise’s introduction as the club’s new head coach. The former RC Lens manager, who was a free agent following the end of his tenure with OGC Nice last December, effectively replaced Habib Beye, who was dismissed last week.

Until today, Rennes have never officially announced they had parted ways with the former Senegal international right-back. In their statement last week, Les Rouge et Noir said they started a “procedure” against Beye, who was relieved of his duties. Beye is now on his way to sign for Marseille and replace the departed Roberto De Zerbi.


OneFootball Video


Pouille has confirmed that Beye asked to leave Rennes the day after the team’s embarassing 3-0 away defeat to Marseille in the Coupe de France. “We terminated Habib Beye’s contract, and the reasons for it are set out in the letter he received“, said Pouille. “What surprised me was the day after the Coupe de France defeat, with his wish to leave. We were four days away from the end of the transfer window we all worked on.

Although Pouille said he’s trying not to be surprised by anything in football, he felt the timing of Beye’s decision was “strange“.

GFFN | Bastien Cheval – reporting from Rennes

Visualizza l' imprint del creator