Bulinews
·02 de abril de 2025
Leverkusen boss frustrated by constant questions over Alonso's future

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsBulinews
·02 de abril de 2025
Xabi Alonso's future at Bayer Leverkusen is the subject of constant speculation, with reports suggesting he could replace Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid at some point.
However, Bayer Leverkusen managing director for sport Simon Rolfes can't understand why the Spanish coach has to comment on his future so often, given that he still has a year left on his contract.
"He is always expected to say something. But he has a contract. He signed until 2026 with the desire and the will to stay here," Rolfes told Sky Germany.
There was speculation that Alonso would make an announcement about his future at a press conference on Friday last week, but that didn't happen.
“He said there is nothing else. So he doesn't have to explain anything,” said Rolfes.
“He made a commitment to us by signing the contract and saying that this is a club he wants to work for and that he wants to stay until 2026. So he doesn't have to say something about his future every three days.”