Central do Timão
·20 August 2026
Gaviões da Fiel president and lawyer on meeting with prosecutors

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsCentral do Timão
·20 August 2026

On the afternoon of this Wednesday (19), regular fans and the main Corinthians organized supporter groups — Gaviões da Fiel, Camisa 12, Fiel Macabra, Coringão Choop, Pavilhão Nove, and Estopim da Fiel — gathered in front of the São Paulo Public Prosecutor’s Office (MP-SP) to protest the club’s current situation and call for a judicial intervention at Timão.
In an interview with the press during the demonstration, Gaviões da Fiel’s lawyer, Edson Oliveira, commented on the meeting with the agency and expressed optimism about the implementation of a judicial intervention in the club. However, he said no deadline had been set for the conclusion of the investigation.

Photos: Reproduction/Central do Timão
“They explained to us that they are working very hard, that there are several facts being investigated. Since the case is under seal, they cannot disclose certain details to us. They promised that they are working, which is their job. And we are very confident”, he began.
“They did not give us a deadline, because it does not depend on them, but they made it clear that the investigations will continue, will be forwarded to a judge, and that judge will then decide whether to appoint an intervenor. It’s impossible to say whether that will happen in a month or six months; it depends on the progress of the investigations.”
“So we are confident that, very soon, we will have a good result and, Godwilling, free Corinthians from all evil, right? I think they explained that this has never happened before; in fact, it only happened at Bahia, in a specific situation, and at no other club. So, once again, the Corinthians fans are making history, and we believe everything will work out,” he concluded.
He went on to answer whether such actions represent a turning point in Corinthians’ history: “When we see an executive today wearing a shirt like that saying, ‘I only left a debt of R$ 1.7 billion,’ it almost feels like he’s mocking us here. But today we are very confident in the work they are doing here,” he said.
The inquiry investigating a possible judicial intervention in Corinthians was opened in December 2025. Although there is no exact deadline for the end of the investigation, the expectation is that it will be extended for at least another two months. If there is consensus among the prosecutors that judicial intervention is necessary, it will be up to MP-SP to ask the courts to open that process.
The judiciary, in turn, will analyze whether or not to grant the request. Another possible alternative is the signing of a Conduct Adjustment Agreement (TAC), under which Corinthians would be responsible for taking measures indicated by the prosecutors handling the case — Luiz Ambra Neto and André Pascoal.
In addition to this Wednesday’s protest, Corinthians supporters will hold new peaceful demonstrations on the evening of this Thursday (20), starting at 9:30 p.m. Brasília time, ahead of the match against Rosario Central-ARG at Neo Química Arena, for the second leg of the Libertadores round of 16. Then, next Saturday (22), organized groups and regular fans will gather in front of Parque São Jorge, the club’s social headquarters.
Gaviões president Alexandre Domênico, known as Ale, also spoke with reporters and praised the Corinthians supporters for this afternoon’s demonstrations. In his remarks, he addressed the administrative negligence involving Corinthians, citing the club’s three active transfer bans (restrictions on registering players) — two from FIFA and one from the CBF (CNRD – National Chamber for Dispute Resolution) — totaling approximately R$ 22 million. The club’s debt currently stands at around R$ 2.7 billion.
“I think we have to keep this whole movement going. Congratulations to all the Corinthians fans who managed to get here; we know it’s a bad time. We showed great strength. But we are talking more about the display of strength and what the united Fiel Torcida can do. I think we have to keep the whole process going. It has already been more than proven that this current association model is not going to work. We fight a lot over the lack of attention they give this,” Ale said.
They have a financial project on the table and they do not want to discuss it. They do not want to discuss reforming the bylaws, which for us is an extreme disgrace. If they believe so much in this association model, why do they not discuss the changes that would give Corinthians a new direction? And for us here, it is even a confusing situation,” he added.
“So right now what we are asking for is unity among all Corinthians fans. And every Corinthians fan in general — those who can come, and those who can’t, we understand. Because there are people who have no way to come in person, but who are still fighting, fighting for Corinthians. We can never bow our heads and show these guys that they are winning this battle, because they are not winning this battle. We came here to the Public Prosecutor’s Office to act rationally. We know how the supporter’s emotional modus operandi sometimes works.”
Ale continued: “We do not want to act that way. We want the people in there to understand that they are being pressured, yes. We came here as a sign of hope. Today the Public Prosecutor’s Office symbolizes hope for the Corinthians fan.”
“We depend a lot on them (the Public Prosecutor’s Office), because in some situations we cannot get to Parque São Jorge when it comes to oversight. There are certain drawers there that we cannot open. Unfortunately. Who is going to help us? The Public Prosecutor’s Office. So this unity today is very important for us to achieve success and give new direction to our Sport Club Corinthians Paulista. So, we are in an alarming situation. We have hit rock bottom.“
“We talk to the directors, each one with their own promise. Today, we do not have the moneyto pay off the transfer bans. That means Marcelo Paz, whether he is a great professional or not — we do not know whether Marcelo Paz is a great professional or not — cannot make signings, cannot do his job. Today, we have a football manager (Júlio César) who has turned into a press officer, man. That’s not his job. So we ask Corinthians fans to keep fighting in unity. We do not want Corinthians fans tearing each other apart.”
“I think the mindset of those guys inside Parque São Jorge is that we, the Corinthians fans in general, keep tearing each other apart. That is very bad, man. We have to be united at this moment. And I think even worse things may still come, but we have to stay standing. United. No one lets go of anyone’s hand at this moment. Because the fight is hard.”
“Do you know why? Because we live within this reality here. Judicialintervention is not some immediate idea. I think it is important for Corinthians fans to understand that. It will not happen tomorrow, in a month, or in six months. We do not know. So we have to be prepared for everything. We know an adverse result could come tomorrow, and this wave for judicial intervention could grow even more.”
“But we know, we know that justice does not work under pressure. This here is very important, this popular outcry. And I told them that in there. This will grow more every month. So they told us they will try to speed it up, but they will work based on complaints. It does not depend only on them, as they are acting impartially. But it is important for us here, man, to show up at the protests. Whoever can show up. We know it is difficult.”
“On Saturday we are going to have a very big protest. We have to get at least 30,000 people there, 10,000 people, 15,000, 100,000 people. People who are outraged should somehow come to Parque São Jorge and stay united. No one lets go of anyone’s hand at this moment.”
“Look at the candidates coming to contest the Corinthians election, man. I actually even like that kind of post, when the guy puts on the shirt and says: We left R$ 1.7 billion. Yes. But we paid for the Arena. What Arena? The Arena is not even paid off. They do nothing for Corinthians — on the contrary. And we all know here, including I think even the Public Prosecutor’s Office knows, the den of schemes that place is (Parque São Jorge). If you dig there, you will find scheme after scheme after scheme after scheme.”
“It is up to us here to stay united. And with great strength. It has been more than proven that these guys are afraid of the Fiel Torcida united. So we have to keep it that way, right, guys? And congratulations to everyone who came here. Let’s hold our protests tomorrow. And on Saturday, everyone at Parque São Jorge. Wear your Corinthians shirt. No one is more Corinthians than anyone else. Neither organized supporters nor regular supporters. We are fighting for a greater good, which is our Sport Club Corinthians Paulista,” the organized group’s president concluded.
Check out Gaviões da Fiel’s official statement on the demonstration:
SUPPORTERS GATHER AT THE PUBLIC PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE IN A DEMONSTRATION IN FAVOR OF JUDICIAL INTERVENTION
This Wednesday (19), the Fiel Torcida once again showed that it will not remain silent in the face of the serious situation the club is experiencing. In an important demonstration held in front of the headquarters of the São Paulo Public Prosecutor’s Office, Gaviões da Fiel, Camisa 12, Pavilhão 9, Estopim da Fiel, Coringão Chopp, and Fiel Macabra were received by prosecutors Luiz Ambra Neto and André Pascoal, who are responsible for the investigations into the possible judicial intervention in Corinthians.
The mobilization represents the voice of 35 million Corinthians fans who are tired of watching Corinthians be run by incompetent executives who pile up mistakes, weaken the institution, and put the future of one of the biggest clubs in the world at risk.
This Wednesday’s demonstration was just another step in a cause that belongs not only to the organized supporter groups, but to the entire Fiel Torcida.
The mobilizations will continue this Thursday during the match against Rosario Central. However, the most important moment will happen next Saturday.
We call on all Corinthians fans, organized supporters, regular supporters, and club members to join the major peaceful protest that will take place on Saturday at 10 a.m. in front of Parque São Jorge.
It is essential to understand that this fight is against those who, for years, have treated the club with irresponsibility, incompetence, and interests that do not represent the will of the Fiel Torcida.
On Saturday, we need to show that there is only one side: the side of Corinthians.
The war is not among us. The fight is for Corinthians. On Saturday, one side only, one voice only.
The Board of Directors Gaviões da Fiel Torcida
See more:
Intervention in Corinthians: what the prosecutors explained about deadlines, evidence, and next steps
This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇧🇷 here.
Live


Live


Live


Live

































