Sheffield Wednesday boss confirms major injury blow – but trio nearing returns | OneFootball

Sheffield Wednesday boss confirms major injury blow – but trio nearing returns | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Hayters TV

Hayters TV

·19 August 2026

Sheffield Wednesday boss confirms major injury blow – but trio nearing returns

Article image:Sheffield Wednesday boss confirms major injury blow – but trio nearing returns

Sheffield Wednesday boss Henrik Pedersen says Tyler Onyango will be sidelined for almost the entirety of the season.

The 23-year-old only joined the Owls earlier this month as a free agent, signing a three-year contract at Hillsborough.


OneFootball Videos


However, Pedersen has now revealed the club are expecting a lengthy absence for Onyango after he suffered an ACL injury.

“I think he’ll be out for the season,” Pedersen said.

“Maybe not for this season, but for many months. It’s so sad for him, so sad for him.

“Yeah, this is all I can say.”

However, Yan Valery, Ricardo Santos and Billy Mitchell have all been in training ahead of the game against Bradford and are nearing returns.

View publisher imprint