Fabrizio Romano says Benfica-linked midfielder sold for over 30m | OneFootball

Fabrizio Romano says Benfica-linked midfielder sold for over 30m | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Glorioso 1904

Glorioso 1904

·17 August 2026

Fabrizio Romano says Benfica-linked midfielder sold for over 30m

Article image:Fabrizio Romano says Benfica-linked midfielder sold for over 30m

Giannis Konstantelias has swapped PAOK for Borussia Dortmund. The guarantee comes from Fabrizio Romano, who described the deal as virtually done and reveals that the documents between the two clubs have already been signed. However, the player has already been officially announced by the German club.

The 23-year-old Greek attacking midfielder is set to move to the Bundesliga for a fee of €32 million, including variables. PAOK will also be entitled to 15% of any future sale of the player, who scored 10 goals and provided two assists in 31 matches last season.


OneFootball Videos


Konstantelias was even in Dortmund on Sunday, as the transfer process entered its final stage. The footballer has made four appearances for PAOK at the start of this season, but is now preparing to begin a new adventure in Germany.

A product of PAOK’s academy, Konstantelias is regarded as one of the brightest emerging talents in Greek football and had already attracted interest from several European clubs. The attacking midfielder’s name was linked with both Sporting and Benfica, with the Eagles monitoring the player’s situation during the transfer window at the start of 2026.

The move to Borussia Dortmund therefore definitively takes Konstantelias off Benfica’s radar. Benfica miss out on a player who had been identified as one of the priorities to strengthen the attacking department, but who is now preparing to join one of the Bundesliga’s leading clubs.

This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇵🇹 here.

View publisher imprint