OffsAIde
·18 de maio de 2026
Fernando Diniz accepts interest but wants Yuri Alberto to stay

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·18 de maio de 2026

Fernando Diniz accepts European interest in Corinthians players and says he sees it as natural, but in his view the club cannot lose striker Yuri Alberto now. He called him essential this season and said there is no like-for-like replacement. He spoke after the Brasileirão defeat to Botafogo.
According to Meu Timao, summer interest has grown in Yuri Alberto, Hugo Souza, André Luiz and Matheuzinho, with Breno Bidon and Gui Negão also watched by foreign clubs after recent rises in value.
He said he is not a coach who constantly asks for signings, still less to lose players, and underlined the importance of Hugo and André at this stage. He wants to count on Yuri until the end of the season.
Diniz described a frank, open relationship with the striker, saying the desire to move had already been discussed internally. He said the club must build conditions for Yuri to stay and remain motivated, as he has been across four years at the club.
Last Thursday, the forward said he plans to meet agent André Cury and the board during the World Cup break to discuss his future and seek the best solution for both sides.
Corinthians have budgeted to raise R$ 151 million from player sales in 2026, and the next window runs from 20 July to 11 September. The board believes it will need to sell key pieces to meet the target. Before the market opens, Corinthians have four more games, starting with Peñarol away at Estadio Campeón del Siglo on Thursday at 21:30 in the Libertadores group stage.
Source: Meu Timao







































