Official: Pavard says goodbye to Marseille ahead of return to Inter | OneFootball

Official: Pavard says goodbye to Marseille ahead of return to Inter | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Football Italia

Football Italia

·18 de maio de 2026

Official: Pavard says goodbye to Marseille ahead of return to Inter

Imagem do artigo:Official: Pavard says goodbye to Marseille ahead of return to Inter

Benjamin Pavard has officially bid farewell to Olympique de Marseille following the conclusion of his loan spell, with the French defender now set to return to Inter Milan as the club decide on his future, though all indications suggest his time at the Nerazzurri is also drawing to a close.

The defender joined Marseille on the final day of last summer’s transfer window and ends his stint with the club following their final league fixture, a 3-1 win over Rennes.


Vídeos OneFootball


His spell in the south of France was largely underwhelming, with Marseille opting against activating their €15 million purchase option, the second club in the same season to pass on making his move permanent, following Nottingham Forest’s similar decision in the first half of the campaign.

Imagem do artigo:Official: Pavard says goodbye to Marseille ahead of return to Inter

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON – JUNE 20: Benjamin Pavard of FC Internazionale Milano faces the media during the Training/Press Conference ahead of their FIFA Club World Cup 2025 match between FC Internazionale Milano and Urawa Red Diamonds at Virginia Mason Athletic Center on June 20, 2025 in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Buda Mendes/Getty Images)

Pavard bids emotional farewell to Marseille as Inter future remains uncertain

Pavard took to Instagram to mark his departure, striking a warm and grateful tone despite what had been a difficult year professionally.

“Wearing this shirt will remain an unforgettable experience in my career and in my life,” he wrote. “I always tried to give my all on the pitch and to represent this club with respect and dedication. I leave with many emotions, precious lessons learned and the memory of a dressing room that stayed united until the end. Thank you to the club, the staff, my teammates and everyone who supported us this season. Best of luck to Marseille for the future.”

The gracious farewell belies a stark reality. Pavard returns to Inter carrying a €5 million per season contract that runs until 2028, making him a costly and difficult asset to move on.

View this post on Instagram

The club have already communicated to the defender that his future does not lie at Appiano Gentile, and the coming weeks will be spent finding a new destination.

With his reputation dented by a difficult 18 months and his market value considerably lower than when he arrived from Bayern Munich in 2023, the options available to him may be more limited than he would have hoped.

Saiba mais sobre o veículo