Corinthians chief denies regret over keeping André, stresses need to sell players | OneFootball

Corinthians chief denies regret over keeping André, stresses need to sell players | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: OffsAIde

OffsAIde

·17 May 2026

Corinthians chief denies regret over keeping André, stresses need to sell players

Article image:Corinthians chief denies regret over keeping André, stresses need to sell players

After talks with Milan over André Luiz collapsed, Corinthians president Osmar Stabile said he has no regrets and reiterated the club still need sales.

"I do not regret it. But Corinthians needed to have sold players. At that moment we needed André," he told ge.globo.


OneFootball Videos


The 2026 budget projects R$ 151 million from player sales. In March, Milan offered €15 million for 70% of André, plus €2 million in add-ons, around R$ 90 million and R$ 12 million at the time.

After executive Marcelo Paz publicly acknowledged a possible move, the club reassessed and judged the bid insufficient.

André’s form then dipped, and he was sent off in two controversies, an obscene gesture at Palmeiras on 12 April and a heavy tackle on Thiago Mendes against Vasco on 24 April in the Campeonato Brasileiro.

Corinthians missed last year’s sales target of R$ 181 million. By November 2025 they had earned R$ 89.14 million, about 49.25% of the plan.

European clubs have also enquired about Hugo Souza, Matheuzinho, Breno Bidon and Yuri Alberto. After the game against Barra last Thursday, Yuri Alberto said he wants to leave in the next window.

Before the mid-year window opens from mid-June to early July in major leagues, those players are expected to feature. Corinthians visit Botafogo in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday 17 at 16:00 in round 16.

View publisher imprint