Bulinews
·19 August 2026
Kauã Santos to be handed DFB-Pokal start amid Eintracht Frankfurt goalkeeper uncertainty

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsBulinews
·19 August 2026

Following Eintracht Frankfurt’s miserable 7-0 friendly defeat to Brentford, reports emerged suggesting that the club had lost faith in Kauã Santos as their No. 1 and were looking for a replacement.
For the time being, however, Santos remains the first-choice option, with head coach Adi Hütter confirming that the Brazilian shot-stopper will get another chance in goal in the first round of the DFB-Pokal against SC St. Tönis on Friday.
“We will go into Friday’s game with Santos and then we’ll see what happens in the future,” Hütter said at a press conference on Wednesday.
The Austrian coach refused to ggive anything away about the club's transfer plans, stating that his “complete attention” is currently on the players already at the club, who “need to be clearly supported and strengthened”.
Hütter also said that aside from the Brentford game, he believes the team have performed well so far in pre-season.
“I want to highlight that as well,” he stressed.
Live







































