Man Utd reach shock decision on Lewis Hall transfer after INEOS enter bidding for sixth signing | OneFootball

Man Utd reach shock decision on Lewis Hall transfer after INEOS enter bidding for sixth signing | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Football365

Football365

·22 August 2026

Man Utd reach shock decision on Lewis Hall transfer after INEOS enter bidding for sixth signing

Article image:Man Utd reach shock decision on Lewis Hall transfer after INEOS enter bidding for sixth signing

Man Utd are still attempting to agree personal terms with Lewis Hall as they are ‘confident’ of bringing the Newcastle left-back to Old Trafford, according to reports.

The Red Devils have already made four new signings this summer with Youri Tielemans, Andrey Santos, Karl Darlow and Tynan Thompson have all joined.


OneFootball Videos


Man Utd are now closing in on their fifth deal with Italian transfer insider Fabrizio Romano giving his ‘here we go’ confirmation on Friday to Carlos Baleba’s move to Old Trafford.

Romano posted on X: ‘Understand Carlos Baleba to Man United deal fee will be £65m plus £5m add-ons. Cameroon midfielder has authorization to travel from Brighton as Manchester United have booked a medical over the weekend. Here we go, confirmed.’

The Red Devils had a brilliant second half of the season under Michael Carrick last term to finish third in the Premier League and qualify for the Champions League.

That means Man Utd will need a stronger squad as they look to compete in more competitions and they see a left-back as one of the key areas to improve.

Man Utd made Newcastle star Hall their top target at left-back at the start of the summer but the Magpies’ high asking price has reportedly been putting the Red Devils off making a bid.

Journalist Sam Cohen revealed on X earlier this week that Hall is now discussing a new deal with Newcastle amid interest from Man Utd.

Cohen wrote: ‘Lewis Hall is in discussions with Newcastle over a new contract amid interest from Manchester United.

‘Talks centre around improved terms. Hall has also been offered a role within the leadership team under new manager Matthias Jaissle.

‘Manchester United have been told he’s not for sale.’

But, despite those claims from Cohen, Man Utd journalist Ross Harwood has claimed that the Red Devils have made the decision to continue their pursuit of Hall in the hope that by agreeing personal terms it could encourage Newcastle to sell.

Harwood wrote on X: ‘Despite reports of Lewis Hall negotiating a new contract at Newcastle, understand Man Utd are continuing talks with LH’s representatives in attempt to agree personal terms. Club are confident if they can agree personal terms it will assist with agreeing a deal with Newcastle. Left back is next priority following the signing of Carlos Baleba. #mufc.’

Reliable journalist Ben Jacobs recently insisted that Hall would want to swap Newcastle for Man Utd if the Red Devils could agree a fee with the Geordies.

Jacobs told The United Stand: “If Man United, today, agreed a club-to-club fee with Newcastle United, Hall would want the move.”

He added on the potential fee: “I think £75 million or more now because we’re talking so late in the window. It’s a personal view, but I don’t think £45m, £55m, £60m would cut it.”

View publisher imprint