Football Today
·20 August 2026
Mikel Arteta confident Myles Lewis-Skelly will stay at Arsenal this summer

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsFootball Today
·20 August 2026

Mikel Arteta says he is confident Myles Lewis-Skelly will stay at Arsenal.
Chelsea were linked with the talented left-back earlier this summer.
Manchester United have also been long-term admirers of the teenager, although they are not actively pursuing a move for him in this transfer window.
Asked in a press conference on Friday bout Lewis Skelly’s future, Arteta said he was totally confident he will remain with the club.
“The players that have been raised in our [academy] system and they feel that love and connection with the club, it brings something else,” he said. “There is no question about that.”
Lewis Skelly is one of the best talents to come out of Arsenal’s academy. He has already made 75 senior appearances, weighing in with eight goal contributions.
The 19-year-old struggled for regular opportunities last season, but he became increasingly important towards the end of the campaign.
Lewis Skelly started five of Arsenal’s final six games, including the Champions League final against Paris Saint-Germain.
There had been suggestions that the club could sanction his sale because selling an academy graduate would count as pure profit in their books.
However, Arteta has now confirmed the youngster will not be going anywhere.
Arsenal have moved on Christian Norgaard, Karl Hein, Jakub Kiwior and Leandro Trossard this summer.
Further departures are expected, with Gabriel Martinelli, Gabriel Jesus and Ethan Nwaneri all facing uncertain futures.
The Gunners have made two major signings in Christos Tzolis and Bruno Guimaraes. They are still pushing to bring in a high-profile striker before the transfer window closes.
Stats from Transfermarkt.
Live


Live





































